The middle and high school swim teams are midway through their debut competitive season and have enjoyed much success to date. Currently, the high school team is in second place in the ISAL standings.
Teams, Schedules, and Highlights
FASNY teams compete in the:
- Fairchester Athletic Association - Middle School
- Independent Schools Athletic League (ISAL) - High School
Many top-level public and private schools compete in these leagues as well as with teams from New York City schools.
Both the girls and boys varsity cross-country teams finished second in the team rankings at the recent Independent Schools Athletic League (ISAL) championship.
Congratulations to the varsity soccer teams on their Homecoming wins. The girls emerged victorious over Greenwich Academy, 1-0, while the boys defeated Stepinac 6-0. Way to go, FASNY!
Spring 2019 Results
- Although many of their games were rained-out, the middle school coed baseball team posted respectable results in the five they did play.
- The boys and girls varsity tennis teams also fell victim to the rain and had several matches postponed. Nevertheless, the boys finished the season in third place, while the girls were undefeated and won the ISAL regular-season championship.
- Girls rugby closed the season with a victory in their final tournament. Kudos to the players for their drive and tenacity as the team made its comeback at FASNY.
- After a big win over Harvey, boys rugby qualified for the Division I finals, where they lost to Fordham Prep.
- The middle school track and field team finished the season near the top of their league.
- Competing in the driving rain at Columbia's Wien Stadium, the high school track and field team won several medals at the league finals:
- Gold: Maya Nesen (100 meters); Nana Konfourou (400 meters); Emma Ballo, Juliette Budin, Jeanne-Marie Cravens, and Maya Nesen (4 X 100-meter relay and 4 X 400-meter relay); and Quentin Sandrini (4 X 400-meter relay)
- Silver: Quentin Sandrini (800 meters)
- Bronze: Sofia Silden (400 meters); Jeanne-Marie Cravens (triple jump); and Jules Vuillemin (triple jump)