The French-American School of New York (FASNY) is an international, independent, coeducational day school providing a global education to approximately 800 students in nursery (3 years old) through grade 12. We are located just twenty miles north of Manhattan (35 minutes by train from Grand Central Station) and nine miles south of Greenwich, Connecticut.
FASNY is the only school in the New York metropolitan area accredited to offer both the International Baccalaureate and the French baccalaureate. All of our students also graduate with a New York State high school diploma.
- A bilingual immersion program
- An international program with no French required
- Arts, music, athletics, and community-service programs; national and international educational trips; and 20+ clubs
- An atmosphere of acceptance and an appreciation of diversity
- A combination of French and American school-life traditions, making for a warm and engaging community
- A track record of academic excellence:
- Average SAT scores well above the national and independent-school average
- French baccalaureate results placing us at the top among French-American schools in North America
- International Baccalaureate track already slated to become one of the best in the United States
- College acceptances representing a wide range of schools in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France, and other European nations
Founded in 1980 as a 17-student preschool, FASNY has evolved to become a premier bilingual and international N-12 day school with global reach. Our dedicated staff of teachers and administrators is committed to creating an environment that is nurturing yet challenging, one that encourages students to flourish intellectually, emotionally, and ethically.
We have a diverse parent body—our families represent more than 50 nationalities—as well as an active parent-teacher association that provides myriad opportunities to get involved in the life of the school. In addition, our proximity to New York City allows us to take advantage of the rich cultural and recreational offerings of one of the world’s great urban centers.
Consider scheduling a visit! You will experience first-hand our vibrant community and gain a better appreciation of the value of a FASNY education.