As the final athletics season of the school year comes to a close, highlights include a championship win in girls varsity tennis, among others.
- Although many of their games were rained-out, the middle school coed baseball team posted respectable results in the five they did play. The team is young and motivated, and we wish them continued success next year.
- The boys and girls varsity tennis teams also fell victim to the rain and had several matches postponed. Nevertheless, the boys finished the season in third place, while the girls were undefeated and won the ISAL regular-season championship.
- Girls rugby closed the season with a victory in their final tournament. Kudos to the players for their drive and tenacity as the team made its comeback at FASNY.
- After a big win over Harvey, boys rugby qualified for the Division I finals, where they lost to Fordham Prep in a great match.
- The middle school track and field team finished the season near the top of their league, with a record number of students participating.
- Competing in the driving rain at Columbia's Wien Stadium, the high school track and field team won several medals at the league finals.
- Gold: Maya Nesen (100 meters); Nana Konfourou (400 meters); Emma Ballo, Juliette Budin, Jeanne-Marie Cravens, and Maya Nesen (4 X 100-meter relay and 4 X 400-meter relay); and Quentin Sandrini (4 X 400-meter relay)
- Silver: Quentin Sandrini (800 meters)
- Bronze: Sofia Silden (400 meters); Jeanne-Marie Cravens (triple jump); and Jules Vuillemin (triple jump)
Thank you to the parents who supported our teams and attended games throughout the season, the students for their engagement, and the coaches for their time and energy. Go, FASNY!
Note: Don't forget to sign up for fall sports and the training camp at Pontiac.