Spring Sports Round-Up
As our varsity, JV, and middle school teams wrap up season play, here are recaps and recent highlights:
- The high school track-and-field team won several medals in the league championship finals.
- After a nearly flawless regular season, the middle school track-and-field team (pictured above) brought home multiple medals from the ISAL Middle School Championships, held at the Masters School.
- The boys and girls tennis teams had incredible runs during the regular season (only one loss for the girls, while the boys were undefeated), and both obtained second-place finishes in the finals.
- Girls rugby, a new team, won the Pelham Tournament.
- After an undefeated regular season, the boys varsity rugby team qualified, once again, for the Division II league finals.
- The boys JV rugby team was undefeated this spring.
- Middle school rugby joined Rye to form a combined team, and their performance to date bodes well for the future.
- Baseball defeated Carmel last week.
- Our cheerleading squad, under the leadership of senior Chloé Boury, did an extraordinary job in its debut season.
Congratulations to all of the athletes and their coaches!