High School Hosts Career Day
On November 7, FASNY welcomed professionals from various walks of life to the Harbor campus for Career Day. The format was revamped this year to incorporate résumé-building and interview strategy workshops, as well as student-focused personality questionnaires and self-reflection surveys. "The responses suggest students were engaged by the speakers and activities, and we are thankful to the parents, friends, and alumni who participated," said Tom Faure, the high school's dean of students.
The guest speakers delivered a range of presentations to students in grades 9 through 12 that included displays of product samples and demonstrations of infrared technology. Students also watched career-oriented video clips (TED talks, etc.) and reflected on the future in discussions that revolved around diversity, life goals, and stress management.
Presenters at Career Day 2018:
- Sofia Cavallo '06 - Digital and E-Commerce Manager, Céline (alumna)
- Keech Combe-Shetty '95 - CEO, Combe, Inc. (alumna)
- Officer Tyron Davis - Village of Mamaroneck Police Department (former FASNY staff)
- Gabrielle DiBuono '05 - Vice President, Head of Campus Recruiting, Lazard (alumna)
- Anna Gobin '05 - Manager, External Manufacturing Quality, Johnson & Johnson (alumna)
- Régis Litre - Chief Information Officer, Marc Jacobs (parent and staff spouse)
- Fabrice Sergent - Managing Partner, Bandsintown (parent)
- Erik Sherman - Journalist and author (parent)
- Michel Zécri, Ph.D. - CEO, Sofradir EC, Inc. (parent)
- Kate Hogerty - Marketing Manager, Sofradir EC, Inc. (guest)